Raphael welcomes applications from qualified or trainee counsellors looking for placements.
- To have knowledge and understanding of the Jewish community and the issues faced by them
- To have experience and understanding of the London Jewish communities
- To have completed a Foundation course and, preferably, to be in second or further year of non-directive counselling /psychotherapy training, which leads to UKCP registration or is accredited by the BACP
- To have some knowledge and understanding of unconscious processes and the ability to build on and develop their understanding of this area of counselling
- To check with tutor or course director that you have reached a stage of professional and personal development and be ready to undertake the clinical work or, if you have begun clinical work elsewhere, that your supervisor agrees you are ready to take on another placement
- To be in personal therapy, at least weekly for a minimum of 6 months previous to application, with a non-directive therapist registered by UKCP or BCP or accredited by BACP, or to have had substantial therapy with such a therapist
- To be able to offer two sessions per week for Raphael clients and attend fortnightly supervision and twice yearly (Sundays) professional development days
- To make a commitment to stay with Raphael for a minimum of two years and we would hope you would want to stay longer
- To be available for communication by email and telephone/mobile and be computer literate
If you fulfil these criteria and wish to receive more information or to apply, please email Sara Cooper (Clinical Director) at
The application should comprise:
A current CV
A covering letter
- describing any voluntary caring work you have carried out.
- stating why you wish to join Raphael, what your training experience is as a counsellor, how long you have been in therapy and the orientation of your therapist.
You might have some time to help our small Friends committee raise funds and promote our work.
We are seeking new members and, if you are interested, we can be contacted on email@example.com
If you have any skills which you think would be useful, such as editing Word documents,
we would be happy to hear from you. Please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org